Facts about Books and Bytes:
- Why Mo? One of our favorite books, Don't Let The Pigeon Drive the Bus, is written by beloved author Mo Willems. This name just seemed like the perfect name for our bus! We hope you agree!
- Why do we partner with our Child Nutrition Department in Castleberry ISD? Studies show that Hungry Kids don't read. The USDA’s Summer Food Service Program (SFSP) makes free healthy meals and snacks available to young people in communities with high rates of poverty. Through our Bookmobile, we incorporate fun, literacy-based activities to support child well-being and BOOKS! River Oaks, TX has been identified as being a "book desert". We want to make sure our families have books in their homes and always access to books.
- Donations! Thanks to our many supporters we have some fancy new shelving and many gently used books. We are always looking for ways to raise money and we are always accepting in-kind donations.
- Who creates the ideas and activities for Books and Bytes?
- Heather Lamb, District Lead Librarian, Castleberry High School Teacher Librarian
- Cassie Janda, Castleberry Elementary Teacher Librarian
- Jackie Senerchia, Joy James Elementary Teacher Librarian
- Katie Waser, AV Cato Elementary Teacher Librarian
- Victor Chapa, Irma Marsh Middle School Teacher Librarian
A partnership between
Library, and STREAM services